How To Quickly Shift To Work-From-Home To Maximize Productivity During Coronavirus
As a business owner today, you are now facing unprecedented challenges to help deal with the coronavirus pandemic. You are asked to self-isolate and practice social distancing to “flatten the curve.” You are asked to allow your employees to work from home to reduce possible exposure and slow the spread of COVID-19.
These are all reasonable requests. However, as a business owner you also need to maximize productivity, bring in revenue and try to grow your business in these demanding times. How can you accomplish these goals when your office is now a ghost town and productivity has fallen off a cliff?
The answer lies in setting up your office to function remotely. If you’ve never implemented a work-from-home policy before, it may seem like a whole different world. Managing an entirely remote workforce goes far beyond giving your employees a laptop and reminding them to check in every once in a while. After all, there are many factors most business owners haven’t ever had to consider, such as:
- What technologies do I need?
- How can my employees work from home without compromising the security of our network?
- How can I make this new work environment as easy, comfortable and productive as possible?
We understand these are unique times. We know that “business as usual” is going to be quite different for an undetermined amount of time. But together we can help you adjust to today’s new normal by giving you the tools, technologies and insights to create a secure and productive work-from-home business environment. Here are three important considerations to getting you set up and running a successful work-from-home business:
1. Don’t allow employees to use home computers or devices. Their mindset may be, “Well, I’m working from home so I may as well use my home computer.” This is a dangerous mistake. Our team works hard to ensure your company computers and network are secure and protected from malware, viruses and cyber-attacks. Their home computers and devices could be littered with tons of downloaded music, videos, images and more. Because it’s more exposed, it can invite malware into your network. Rather, provide a company-approved and secured computer/laptop for employees to use at home.
2. Secure their WiFi access point. Without a secure WiFi access point, you’re essentially leaving a back door open to hackers. That’s because WiFi signals are often broadcast far beyond your employees’ homes and out into streets. Yes, drive-by hacking is popular among cybercriminals today. A few tips for securing your employees’ WiFi access points:
- Use stronger encryption and a more complex password
- Hide your network name
- Use a firewall
These security measures are not difficult to set up. But if you have any questions or need assistance, we will be happy to help get your employees set up remotely.
3. Use a two-factor authentication VPN. VPN stands for virtual private network. It’s essentially a private, encrypted tunnel that goes direct to your IT network in your office. Ideally, you’ll want your VPN to support two-factor authentication. This means it’s doubly secure because your employees will need to call in to access the network. If you don’t have a VPN for your employees to use, you can consider other services, such as GoToMyPC or Zoho. While these products are not as secure, at least they keep your home network from being exposed.
As business owners ourselves, we too are having to pivot and work differently than we ever have before. However, because we have the technology and infrastructure in place, we are still surprisingly productive.
Our team wants to help your business survive and thrive during today’s unique environment. If you and your IT team need extra hands right now…or solutions to help your employees work SECURELY from home…we have software tools, expert staff and resources we’d like to offer you to keep your business as productive as possible.
Please know that this is not a sales call but simply an outreach to help a fellow CEO stay afloat.
Free Emergency Work From Home Consultation
If you need to get your employees working remote FAST and your phones answered, we have easy inexpensive ways to get this done for you. Fill in the form below and we’ll set up a free, no-obligation consultation to create a plan for you.
Important! We hate spam as much (or more!) than you and promise to NEVER rent, share, or abuse your e-mail address and contact information in any way.
Duane - Zillow.com
WOW! That is all I can say about Darren and the team at FullScope IT! After a detailed search, FullScope IT was hired, resulting in a 5-year strategic plan to move from our current IT position to one that we envisioned for the future. I cannot recommend FullScope IT highly enough. They are a great IT partner for any company.
Peter - CMPS®
Before hiring FullScope IT, our network would go down regularly, run slow, and even run into the occasional virus. Since signing up with their Premier plan, those issues are gone. FullScope IT is extremely reliable and professional. They listen to your needs and provide solutions.
our value proposition is simple
we deliver excellent it service
We diligently monitor and proactively maintain all your devices, servers and network to ensure your business stays up and running.
Keep malicious viruses, malware and ransomware at bay by proactively securing your network, servers and computers.learn more
managed it services
24/7 monitoring and maintenance of your IT infrastructure resolves potential issues before they impact your business. Our highly-trained technicians are on-call day and night to assist you.learn more
Free up your staff from traditional handsets, PBX and fax machines. Enjoy free, unlimited long-distance calling, toll-free numbers, and access to advanced applications such as web conferencing, faxing and visual voicemail.learn more
Access your critical data anytime, anywhere, from any device. Maximize your efficiency with on-demand availability of your computer system resources without direct active management by the user.learn more